Teenager who shot her mother dead and sent picture of body to her father on Thanksgiving breaks her silence in prison - and sees her family for the first time

A young woman who shot and killed her mother in the early morning hours after Thanksgiving is breaking her silence about the crime from behind bars. Rachel Hutson was just 19 when she murdered her mother Susan Lee Huston in 2013, and the now 21-year-old is opening up about the incident in an interview with Dr. Phil that will air Tuesday afternoon. She told the host of the moment she pulled out the gun on her mother: 'I told her that I was sorry. That this was what had to happen and she told me I was crazy.'After killing her mother Rachel texted her father Donald who did not believe her, so she sent him a photo of the body.

Huston, who was sentenced to 18 years in prison for first-degree murder and use of a firearm by a judge last November, also reveals in the interview that she debated killing herself after ending the life of her 58-year-old mother. She did not do this however for the sake of her father.'I was scared that my dad was going to come home and I was going to be dead and mom was going to be dead and there would still be a gun in the house,' said Rachel.'And I was scared he would do something to himself so I called him.'

No comments