Man flogs wife after discovering on honeymoon she's not a virgin

A Harare man whipped his wife for falsely claiming that she was a virgin before he married her. He discovered that she was not a virgin during their honeymoon.

The matter was heard in the Civil Court after Shepherd Musekiwa's wife, Patricia, approached the court for a protection order against her husband.

According to The Herald, after Musekiwa discovered that his wife was not a virgin, he purchased a whip and hit her with it as punishment.“I am suffering in my marriage,” Patricia said. “My husband bought a whip which he uses to assault me and I have scars on my back as proof of his abuse. He is chasing me out of our matrimonial house.

"Musekiwa denied the allegations.“She used to deny me sex before I married her saying she was saving herself for marriage but she was lying."I have never abused her in any way except that we only have marital disputes just like any other family.”

No comments